Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies!

You may have already seen my post on baking.  I decided to now teach you how to make chocolate chip cookies. This is an old favorite and is really fun to make.  Before you do any baking or mixing, you need to know how to stay safe in the kitchen.   Click here to learn how to stay safe in the kitchen.

Ingredients 

• 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. of salt
  • 1 tsp. of baking soda
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
  • ¾ cup of granulated sugar
  • ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (about the whole bag)
  • 1 cup of oatmeal*
  • 1 cup of chopped nuts*

*These are not necessary, just extra add-ins!

Other Things

• Mixer
  • Cookie Trays
  • Cookie Scooper
  • Non-Stick spray
  • Wire racks
  • Spatula
  • Measuring cups and spoons

Mixing

Preheat the oven to 375ºF.  Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.  This bowl should not be attached to the mixer.  Beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with the mixer.  If the mixture gets stuck on the sides of the bowl, use the spatula to scrap it off.  This will happen quite often, make sure to do it so the mixture is fully mixed together.  When everything is mixed together, it should be creamy.  Add in the eggs one at a time, making sure the are mixed well after each time.  Slowly add in the flour mixture.  Be careful not to put it on a speed. When you do, the flour mixture flies everywhere.  Then stir in the chocolate, oatmeal*, and chopped nuts*.

Baking

Your oven should already be set to 375ºF.  Spray your cookie trays with the non-stick spray.  This will help the cookies not stick to the tray.  Take you cookie scooper and get about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough.  Place it on the tray and repeat this until the tray is filled, if you need more than one tray that is okay.  Make sure the cookies are spread out enough to where they won’t become on giant cookie.  Put the cookies in the oven for 9-11 minutes, and they should be golden brown when they are done.  Take them out of the oven and start putting them on the wire racks.  When they are totally cool, you can put them into a airtight container.  These cookies should last 4-6 days, but make sure to put them in a dry, dark area.

Extra Tips

Here are some fun and helpful extra tips.  If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can use m&m’s, chocolate chunks, or any other chocolate items.  If you are in need to bring something to a party, these make great snacks.  If you have a little person who wants to help in the kitchen, use this recipe and do some m&m’s instead of chocolate chips.  They can sort the m&m’s into different colors if you are looking for a job for them.

You now know everything you need to know to make chocolate chip cookies.  What are you waiting for?  Let’s get to the kitchen to bake some cookies!

"Full of Secrets" Chocolate Chippers

Sarah R via Compfight

If you want to see some different variations of chocolate chip cookies, check out these sites.

Allrecipes

Betty Crocker

Pinch of Yum

10 thoughts on “Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies!

1. Hi Gracie! These are some of my favorite cookies! I started baking when I was little but that was only simple stuff like baking mixes. Now that I am older, I bake more stuff from scratch. But there is never a bad time to start!

1. Hello Kaitlyn
    It’s Brooklyn you commented on my blog not too long ago. My piano post. I absolutely love making cookies especially chocolate chip cookies. I normally bake with my dad it’s a lot of fun. How long have you been baking? I have baked with my dad since I was 5. I think… I love baking cakes as well I normally do cakes with my mom and cookies with my dad. I have really enjoyed this post very interesting. Here’s my URL just in case you want to visit me again http://brooklynz12.edublogs.org/
    ~Brooklyn😊

1. Hi Brooklyn! That is really cool that you like baking with your mom and dad! My dad isn’t much of a baker, but me and my mom bake a lot! Thanks for checking out my site! Kaitlyn

1. Hi Katie! Some other good beginner recipes to do are to make box mixes. You can then spend more time on decorating the goodies. A good box mix is Betty Crocker Baking Mixes!

2. Hi Kaitlyn, my name is Josie. I really liked your post, not to mention, that your cookies look amazing, and sound delicious. I love how you layed out your post too. It’s simple and elegant. I also love to cook so I will definitely be making them.
    Come check out my blog at http://2022jrd.edublogs.org